+ Reply to Thread

Rocks Burner Help

Hey guys,

I just bought my first hookah. Very excited, however I purchased a Rocks Burner as well as a MYA Razo hookah. The base of the Rocks Burner Bowl is so big that it doesn't even make contact with the grommet on top of the stem. Is there anything I can do or buy to make it fit? Or is my hookah just too small for such a large bowl?

Administrator
    Yea, the Rock Burners are still pretty new and they do require a bigger grommet than comes with the hookah. I will bring this up with the guys in charge. In the mean time the easiest thing to do is make a grommet out of paper towel. Take a small square of paper towel, fold it several times until you make a strip. Dampen the strip with water and wrap it around the top of the stem. The seat the burner over the paper towel. My burner is at my favourite lounge but here is a guide using a similar bowl with similar issues. You may have to experiment a little to get a strip of the correct thickness but this works great. Also good for situations where you have misplaced your head or hose grommet in general.

I'm here..look busy!

Administrator

I'm here..look busy!

Grommets

What I did was take two of the large rubber grommets that are usually used for the smaller bowls and put one over the other. I was then able to successfully mount the rocks bowl on my Mya Hookah. Nice tight fit, works great!

- J*

Administrator
    yep, that will also work if you have a spare laying around.
    I'm here..look busy!