+ Reply to Thread

need tips for mya acrylic, getting too hot with new coals

Hi all,

I got some new coals for my Mya acrylic , these new coals seem larger ( large quicklight 3 kings) and build up intense heat faster. Since I got the new coals I have been having trouble with the shisha getting too hot and toasting, any s***estions for heat management? I have the 274-100 acrylic.

-all that extra heat is great for Mya rocks ( I have the lime flavor) but roasts my shisha if I'm not careful.

Things I will try soon:
    - splitting the coal in half, this would mirror my old natural coals closer in size
    - I have had some success doubling up my foil layer, but not much
    - may try a larger burner, I am used to a big burner and the acrylic's is a bit smaller than the last hookah.

Any other ideas would be appreciated, Thanks!

Administrator
    I'd say breaking them is the best idea. Heck, you should break them in half anyways even with the 33mm size. With the bigger 40 (44) mm ones i'd even say quarter them and try 3 1/4 pieces around the edge of the bowl.

Ya, the rocks do take that extra bit of heat. I am actually in the process of uploading a video to youtube about that very subject. Have you tried the peach or Blueberry yet? I'm a big peach fan myself and thy are both quite tasty.

I think if you break the coals, doubling the foil won't be necessary. Are you using Regular foil or Heavy Duty?

I'd say you have the solution, just gotta learn to adjust for everything from different coals to different bowls.
    I'm here..look busy!

This seems to have worked quite well with 3 pieces of a single quicklight coal. I also ordered 2 new burners to see which one I prefer (.and have extras for inevitable accidents). Also should be getting some more of the Mya rocks in to try and review.

Thanks for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Ormarr View Post
    I'd say breaking them is the best idea. Heck, you should break them in half anyways even with the 33mm size. With the bigger 40 (44) mm ones i'd even say quarter them and try 3 1/4 pieces around the edge of the bowl.

Ya, the rocks do take that extra bit of heat. I am actually in the process of uploading a video to youtube about that very subject. Have you tried the peach or Blueberry yet? I'm a big peach fan myself and thy are both quite tasty.

I think if you break the coals, doubling the foil won't be necessary. Are you using Regular foil or Heavy Duty?

I'd say you have the solution, just gotta learn to adjust for everything from different coals to different bowls.

Administrator
    Glad it worked out for you. Feel free to post pictures of you set up and more reviews.
    I'm here..look busy!